Saturday, January 19, 2008

really little littleorangeguy

Digging around the past I found a bunch of short videos we took the first few days that Harry lived with us. This one is from his first few minutes in the house. Bodil took a look at him, hissed, and left. She was very old at this time, 17. (Mind you, that was also her reaction at 15 when Daisy arrived, and at 1 when Teya came along.) Daisy hung around to check out the new guy. And he wasn't too sure what he should do.



Harry had an interesting relationship with Bodil.


After some experimentation, he quickly figured out that she was the boss and he both treated her with respect and sucked up to her.

A lot of his behaviour is like Bodil's (although he is much gentler), and after she died, he clearly tried to assert himself as Number One Cat. This didn't work. My comment in the first video, that Daisy is the boss, turned out to be true. Harry turned out to be a bit of a lap cat:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How great to have these video clips, they're priceless.

gone to the dogs said...

I love the video's. My digal camera is unrepairably broken so I think I must look in my picture files to do a new post.

gone to the dogs said...

Of course I have a broken a d-i-g-i-t-a-l camera not a digal camera!!!

Deb