I recently started playing around with the "monochrome" feature on the Rebel, and I am wondering whether there's a black and white day. There really should be. You see the world differently in black and white.
Today was sunny and cold; the sun shone through the trees in the middle of the afternoon. Earlier, the tree had been full of chickadees and later, American goldfinches. But for now, the only bird was Gully, spinning his wings in the wind.

We had brief thaw on Friday, but the quick deep overnight freeze made for good old-fashioned icicles. It was 20 degrees below, but we were warm inside. (The Mexican chicken, garlic, and garbanzo soup helped.)

Setting sun in the grocery store parking lot:

And behind the old maple,

illuminating Kelly's work:

While inside someone decided it was time for bed:

3 comments:
Love the b&w shots and (seriously) here's a Monochrome Monday site: http://aileni-calonyddaear1.blogspot.com/
Leave it to cousin 2 to know about the monochrome site. I love the black and white pictures. My favorite is the yawning Daisy
Cousin 1
You have me scrambling for the Monochrome feature on my Rebel. Where be it?
Post a Comment