Just as I was leaving this morning, Harry alerted me to a beautiful visitor on the front yard maple: a gorgeous white breasted nuthatch perfectly planted on the side of the tree facing the window. But the camera was in another room, and (yet again) it was wearing the short lens. Nevertheless, I grabbed it and managed to get this shot of the nuthatch going up the side of the tree. What a perfect, round little thing.

Of course, we have our own white-breasted beauty living in the house. I caught her in her natural habitat --a sunny bed-- on Saturday.

White-breasted nuthatches can often be found climbing head first down trees in search of tasty bugs. White-breasted tabbies can often be found doing faceplants in search of deep sleep.

I'm quite fond of both of them and their quirky behaviour.
2 comments:
chickadees are my favorite birds....nuthatches would be a close second. I've only seen one or two. I always talk to the chickadees as they patiently wait for me to refill the feeders. they're friendly little critters.
So sweet, those puddies in the bed.
Post a Comment