
Imagine this is your only source of light and heat: this nifty dwelling, a teepee at the reconstructed village of Ste-Marie-Among-The-Huron, lets light in through the same source it allows smoke out.
Well, tonight, like a whole bunch of other people around the world, we'll turn the lights out and rely on natural lighting and heating as a way to draw attention to global climate change, and to think about changing the way we use energy. 8-9 pm, wherever you are: Earth Hour.
I actually have to work, because we've been encouraging churches to hold special Earth Hour services tonight, and many are doing it, including the Church of the Holy Trinity in Toronto. Holy Trinity is an idiosyncratic place, and it will be a wacky event, ending with a spiral dance on the labyrinth in Trinity Square. I think I'll stand to the side and watch the stars.
Wacky or not, it's for a good cause!
1 comment:
I turned off my heat, lights, t.v. and computer for earth hour. I poured a glass of red wine, and share my duvet with my dogs. we just sat and enjoyed the candle light and quiet.
Post a Comment