Green grow the rushes:
Who'dathunk that a Border Collie-Belgian Shepherd cross would be an ideal birdwatching companion? He's concentrating on his scolopacidae here:
And there were a lot of Sandpipers to be seen that morning...
Least Sandpiper, Stilt Sandpiper, Common Snipe, Lesser Yellowlegs, not to mention Greater Yellowlegs ...
... which sometimes appear to be a Singular Yellowleg:
Also spied that morning on the water and in the trees: Blue-winged Teal, Ring-necked Duck (diving for all they were worth), Yellow Warbler and Common Yellowthroat, plus more terns and cormorants, and lots of ducks and various brown birds that I was neither close enough nor sufficiently adept to identify.
My best birding day ever! (Not that there's much to compare it to, but still ... 10 new birds!)
And one beautiful, gentle, lovely dog:
3 comments:
Beautiful pictures Sara. I love the 'singular Yellow-Legs". and the dog, you can see the sheppard in him but you could also mistake him for Tucker....the boarder collie part no doubt.
Deborah
I agree with cousin Deb, the dog reminded me of her "Tucker". Love the shots, you can almost feel "fall" when you look at them.
Of course I meant to say "Border Collie" not Boarder Collie...my sister-in-law marg who is known for slipping up in the word category once refered to Tucker as a Border-Line collie!
Post a Comment