Part of this weekend's IKEA delivery was a step stool, which came in a box almost identical to my briefcase of yore.
Kelly never had a cardboard box briefcase; her fondest cardboard memories involve playhouses made out of appliance boxes. God knows what will happen when we replace the dryer. For now though, she kindly demonstrated the proper use of a cardboard box briefcase:
(btw, she gave me a hard time about this blog when i started it, but have you all noticed how frequently she appears in it? and in this case, it was her idea!)
I had a Proustian moment. It was almost as if I were walking around Glen Haven Boulevard once again, pausing here to pull out a notepad or book, or there to toss in a half-eaten apple. Important cargo.
Now that I'm all grown up and have had a real briefcase or two, I've decided that, by and large, they are overrated. A knapsack is a much better way to carry my daily cargo -- generally a notebook, newspaper, and my lunch.
Hmmm... plus ca change ...
2 comments:
Was looking around the Internet doing Google searches and came across some news that made me, through association, think of you. So I came to your blog and saw that picture of you as a child and cheered up immediately. What a great picture! :) Back to another work year soon. Love your pictures of your trip from a few years ago too.
Yes, I was a cute little thing, wasn't I? I'm going to have to come out and visit you again sometime for more blog fodder.
Post a Comment