
This is a good photo, but we didn't take it.
Perhaps it was the endorphin buzz after a particularly rigorous bout of physio with Kathryn the Polish Wonder, but on Thursday I (Sara) found myself waiting for the bus on Avenue Road, mesmerized by the beauty of pigeons.
A quartet of well-fed, bright-eyed urban squab appeared almost as soon as I did and began to circle and gaze beseechingly in manner not dissimilar to Daisy and Harry when they hear the can opener. It was creepy. Three soon realized there was no food at hand and left, but hope sprang eternal for the fourth and as I watched him on his rounds I realized that there was a certain beauty in the shimmering green, purple and grey feathers covering his perfectly fat little body.
Then my mind switched to the rows of squab at the poultry counter in Harrod's Food Hall and I knew it was time to move on.
1 comment:
Tell Kelly, I LOVED that entry, despite her ribbing and chortling (spelling?) at Great Friday lunch! lol
:-)
M
Post a Comment