
It's not a great picture but you have to imagine how far above my head it was, and the limitations of a 70-300 mm zooms lens. And then you have to appreciate what you can do with digital zoom, exposure adjustment, Peterson, and Sibley. How did novice birders make IDs without digital photography?
Two weeks later I was in BC, aka Eagle Central. I heard, then spotted this eagle on a lamp post at the ferry terminal in Tsawwassen.
I wonder if it's related to this one, which lives nearby in Delta. It has two young in the nest, and if you watch long enough you can see it feed them. It seems a very tender act. Most of the time, though, it appears to be sitting on the little tykes.
I saw tons of eagles but the ferry terminal was as close as I got to one. They soared across the Georgia Strait as we ferried across to Victoria, flew overhead as I walked though Qualicum Beach, divebombed at Rathtrevor, and did high wire acrobatics as I drove up the Malahat.
And those pictures, which are only in head, are probably the best ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment