As I've become more active, she follows me around and flops at my feet, rolls on her back and offers her pillowy white tummy for a toe rub. It's like she's in cahoots with my rheumatologist -- this makes for nice gentle stretching.
Harry is a bit more reserved in his affections, although he does join me in my (admittedly limited indoor) birdwatching adventures. Kelly bought me a really neat little pair of binoculars that make the whole thing much more rewarding, even if the neighbours might think I'm spying on them. Harry would enjoy them too, if only he had opposable thumbs.
Anyway, there are birds a-crazy and Kelly says that bulby things are beginning to pop up in the back yard. I'm itching to get out there but I know it would be pushing things. In the meantime I can enjoy the ivy and oxalis that are brightening our kitchen window.
The oxalis has shot off a lovely little flower:
I like to think of it as a promise, of sorts, that the garden will come and the back will heal.
No comments:
Post a Comment