Sunday, October 18, 2009

Happy International Bodil Day!


Granted, it's not a day celebrated by many people. Just two, in fact.

In January 1988, Kelly and I adopted a scrawny, snotty little black kitten from the Hamilton SPCA. We needed her -- Kelly's cat Lucy and my childhood dog Toby had both died shortly before. She, having been abandoned in a park, very ill with a respiratory infection, and encumbered with just a few trust issues, needed us. She recovered from her illness, remained a hellion, and was one of the heartbeats of our family for the next 18 years.

Somewhere down the line, for reasons unknown, we renamed October 18 after her. So please have a happy International Bodil Day.

6 comments:

gone to the dogs said...

She was a very pretty cat. I am pleased to recognize International Bodil Day.

Julie Zickefoose said...

That was one lucky kitteh. I would like to be a kitteh in your home!

Murr Brewster said...

I did have a happy I.B.D., and I didn't even know that's what I was having until now. Cheers to you from me and my Tater cat.

Murr Brewster said...

And International Bodil Day Eve was killer.

littleorangeguy said...

Bodil would approve.

Anonymous said...

She was a beautiful cat with a suitably 'Halloween black cat' evil eye (and claws) who loved few but loved them well.

in the cove