Lists in books:
Every book I’ve read since September 1991
Every guest we’ve had since October 1994 and what we fed them
Every birthday and Christmas gift given and received since October 1991
Bank account transactions
Re-usable lists in Word documents:
Christmas card list with addresses
Christmas gift list, arranged by location of recipients
Packing lists for trips: one for Kelly travelling alone, one for Sara travelling alone, one for travelling together, and one for road trips
Monthly budget
Revisable lists in Word documents:
Telephone numbers
Birthdays
Things to do in the garden by month
Movies to rent when they come out on DVD
Music ideas for various mixed CDs
Books I want to read
Permanent lists on scraps of paper:
Radio stations that play classical music
Good music heard on the radio
Good snacks
Long-term “to do” list
TV shows we tape
Neighbours on our street (so we can remember their names)
Christmas dinner menu for two
Things to which Claire is allergic
What's in the freezer
Current lists (on scraps of paper):
Stuff to do in May when we rent a car
Movies we want to rent – list to be transferred to Word movie list
Plants we need to buy for the garden this spring
Menu ideas for company coming in June
Groceries (on chalk board – transferred to scrap paper when grocery shopping is imminent)
Weekly list:
Cleaning
List in my head:
Desert island CDs
Upcoming list:
Favourite 10 classical composers
Historical lists:
Restaurants and attractions in London, with websites, phone numbers, and addresses, arranged by location
Everything we accomplished in March when we took a week off to refinish our floors
Packing lists from when we moved to Ontario 22 years ago. We mailed everything in boxes (when there was still a cheap rate); each box had a code name and a list of contents
Lists I wisely never started because I knew that there would be no question about whether I was obsessive:
Chocolate bars widely available, with tasting notes
The number of every TTC subway car, bus or streetcar I got on
This list doesn’t include lists at work, of which there are quite a few. It also doesn't include pre-made lists (e.g. books written by Terry Pratchett, NPR stations, environmentally-friendly pesticides, etc.)
I bet I’ve forgotten some lists. If I think of them, I'll make a list.
3 comments:
Brilliant. Inspiring!
Hmmm, I sense an adjectival list coming on.
You forgot the lists where you tell me what to do. There are many of those.
and now you have a list of your lists - brilliant!
Post a Comment