Our route took us up the 401 to the Thousand Islands bridge, where we crossed into the US. Kelly and her Mom (who came along for the ride) handed over their US passports and were told they could stay as long as they liked. They wanted to know when I was coming back.
From there, we drove through Adirondack Park in upstate New York. We had been expecting beautiful hilly vistas. Instead, we had lots of trees and, at our lunch stop near Cranberry Lake, beautiful wildflowers.
I have a thing for daisies ... human, feline, and flora:

I don't know what this is (perhaps a cousin can help) but I love it, and really appreciate the macro feature on our Canon Rebel. Is it some kind of a thistle?

No idea what this is, either. The shape makes me think it is perhaps related to butter-and-eggs, but then again, maybe it's not.

I took many pictures of this red bug on what I think is milkweed. It was a smart bug. It kept running away from the camera.

Our New York road ended at the edge of Lake Champlain in Essex, where we boarded a small ferry. The Green Mountains beckoned.


Inquiring minds wanted to know: just what would lay ahead for us?
2 comments:
1st unknown is seedhead of last year's burdock, otherwise known as burs when they are in your dog or pantleg. The other is the remains of bladder campion, it usually has white flower petals, this one has just gone by. Google images should easily give you photo.
Caroline in South Dakota who grew up on Lake Champlain
Aha! Thanks, Caroline.
Post a Comment